Chronicle of events in the NAC
Uzbekistan Airways: key events of 2018
The system of dual (“green” and “red”) corridors began to work at the airports of the country, which made it possible to simplify customs formalities and improve the logistics of passenger traffic.
Uzbekistan Airways provided an interactive pre-selection and reservation of seats on its international flights.
Introduced differentiated fares in the direction of Tashkent – Bishkek – Tashkent and reduced airfare.
Tashkent International Airport is recognized as the best particularly important facility to comply with measures and safety requirements by the Republican Interdepartmental Commission for the Control of the Organization for the Security of Especially Important Objects of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Uzbekistan Airways celebrated its 26th anniversary.
Uzbekistan Airways joined the Association of Independent Tour Operators of Great Britain (AITO).
The Agreement on the declaration of responsibility for the provision of air traffic services between the governments of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Kyrgyz Republic came into force.
For the first time, Uzbekistan Airways presented its services at the Thai International Travel Fair – 2018 international tourism exhibition in Bangkok, Thailand.
Uzbekistan Airways introduced travel sets of new design and content for business class passengers on its flights.
The fourth frequency of Tashkent – Astana – Tashkent flights was introduced.
Started regular flights from Rome to Urgench.
Reduced rates for Tashkent – New York – Tashkent flights.
Introduced additional regular flights en route Tashkent – Novosibirsk – Tashkent.
Uzbekistan Airways representative office in Frankfurt, Germany, celebrated its 25th anniversary since the date of its opening.
The frequency of regular flights en route Tashkent – New York – Tashkent has been increased, the second frequency has been introduced.
The commercial operation of the IL-114-100 aircraft was discontinued.
Increased frequency of flights to Istanbul from 7 to 9 times a week.
The team of Uzbekistan Airways flight attendants won the Team of the Year Cup and the airline’s flight attendant was named the Best Flight Attendant of the Year in a prestigious professional competition held on May 15-16 at the 3rd Sky Service International Forum.
The Uzbekistan Airways fleet has been replenished with the third Boeing 787 Dreamliner, its operation began on May 20
Uzbekistan Airways is once again recognized as the most punctual airline that performed the largest number of international flights without departing from the schedule from the Sochi airport following the results of the autumn-winter navigation of 2017-2018.
The frequency of flights en route Tashkent – Termez – Tashkent increased from 3 to 4 times a week.
The Uzbekistan Airways Training Center celebrated 75-year anniversary since the date of its foundation.
The Uzbekistan Airways representative office in Bangkok, Thailand, celebrated its 25th anniversary since the date of its opening.
The third frequency of Uzbekistan Airways flights from Tashkent to New York has been introduced.
Reduced rates of economy-class tariffs for Tashkent – Kazan – Tashkent flights.
Uzbekistan Airways was awarded the certificate of honour of Krasnodar International Airport JSC in the nomination “For Contribution to Develop Air Traffic in the Krasnodar Territory”.
The second frequency of Tashkent – Voronezh – Tashkent flights has been introduced.
The Urgench International Airport once again became the laureate of the contest “The Best Airport of the Year of the CIS Member States”, winning the nomination “For a Great Contribution to the Development of the Airport” at the end of 2017.
The Bukhara International Airport once again became the winner of the prestigious award of the Airport Civil Aviation Association in the nomination “The CIS Best Airport of the Year” according to the results of activities for 2017.
Economy class fares on Samarkand – Kazan – Samarkand and Fergana – Kazan – Fergana international flights have been reduced.
A new terminal for arriving passengers of international airlines put into operation at the Tashkent International Airport named after Islam Karimov.
Two additional frequencies have been introduced for Tashkent – Moscow – Tashkent flights.
Uzbekistan Airways increased frequency of flights en route Tashkent – Rostov – Tashkent.
The frequency of flights en route Tashkent – Mineralnye Vody (Mineral Waters) – Tashkent increased.
Uzbekistan Airways reduced its rates of economy class for Tashkent – Riga – Tashkent flights.
The Uzbekistan Airways representative office in Paris, France, celebrated its 20th anniversary since the date of its opening.
After reconstruction, the new passenger terminal was put into operation at the Nukus International Airport.
Uzbekistan Airways was recognized as the most punctual airline carrier by Domodedovo International Airport in June 2018.
At the Navoi International Airport, an international postal exchange (MMPO), located in the territory of the cargo terminal named Navoi was put into operation.
During the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, Uzbekistan Airways became the official carrier of the national teams of Mexico, England, Colombia, fans of France and Poland.
Uzbekistan Airways was awarded the Eurasian Award in the field of aviation marketing MARKETING AWARDS 2018 at the NETWORK 2018 forum, held from July 29 to August 1 in Kazan.
Uzbekistan Airways was recognized as the most punctual airline in the nomination “Airlines of the CIS and foreign countries”, performing regular passenger traffic to/from the Kazan International Airport in the periods of “Summer 2017” and “Winter 2017/2018”.
After the reconstruction of the Urgench International Airport, a new runway was put into operation.
An additional flight was launched on Wednesdays en route Tashkent – Moscow – Tashkent.
The Uzbekistan Airways Training Center has begun accepting documents from candidates for competitive selection for initial pilot training courses.
In the Uzbekistan Airways Training Center, a new unique simulator V9000 Commander was put into operation for practicing firefighting skills produced by Flame-Aviation company.
Uzbekistan Airways launched its regular passenger flights en route Tashkent – Vladivostok – Tashkent.
Uzbekistan Airways took part in the International Conference “Central Asia in the System of International Transport Corridors: Strategic Perspectives and Unrealized Opportunities”, becoming one of the main participants of this conference and organizer of a sectional meeting on civil aviation.
Uzbekistan Airways was awarded the certificate of the Private Tourist Organizations Association, Uzbekistan, for its contribution to development the tourism sector.
Uzbekistan Airways launched its regular passenger flights to Jeddah.
Uzbekistan Airways was awarded the diploma “Tourism on the Silk Road” in the nomination “Long-term partnership”.
All flights of Uzbekistan Airways that are operated from the cities of Uzbekistan to Moscow and vice versa have been transferred from Moscow’s Domodedovo International Airport to Vnukovo International Airport.
Tashkent – Paris – Tashkent flight frequencies increased to two times a week for the period of winter navigation.
Tashkent – Mumbai – Tashkent new flight launched.
The Uzbekistan Airways representative office in Istanbul, Turkey, celebrated its 25th anniversary since the date of opening.
Namangan – St. Petersburg – Namangan regular passenger flights were resumed.
Uzbekistan Airways reduced its airfares for Tashkent – Samara – Tashkent flights.
To the existing methods of online payment of air tickets for Uzbekistan Airways flights through the airline’s website, the possibility of payment through the Master Card payment system has been added; earlier this function was available through the Uz Card and VISA payment systems.
Uzbekistan Airways participated in the First International Investment Forum.
Uzbekistan Airways transported its three millionth passenger.
- The National air company «Uzbekistan Airways» was established under the Order of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan I.A. Karimov.
- Active development of international routes was begun: flights to London, Karachi, Delhi, Kuala-Lumpur, Tel-Aviv, Beijing were opened.
- The «Air Code of the Republic of Uzbekistan» was put into force.
- Airbus A-310 landed in the airport «Tashkent» for the first time.
- Flight to Frankfurt-am-Main and Bangkok were opened.
- Active implementation of aircraft of western manufacturing was begun.
- Next aircraft A-310 was purchased.
- Flights to Athens, Manchester, Seoul were opened.
- Transcontinental flight «Tashkent – New-York» was opened.
- The National air company begun to perform flights to Bahrain.
- The first aircraft Boeing-767 landed in airport of Uzbekistan’s capital.
- The new Traffic Control Center was put into operation.
- Reconstruction of airport «Samarkand” was begun.
- Air company was awarded by the prestigious diploma of the International Flight Safety Foundation «For outstanding services in the field of flight safety provision».
- Two aircraft Boeing-767 were added to the air company’s fleet.
- Agreement on granting a credit for reconstruction of three airports «Bukhara», «Samarkand» and «Urgench» was signed between the Governments of Uzbekistan and Japan.
- Flights to Paris and Dhaka were opened.
- The Center on maintenance of western manufacturing aircraft was opened.
- The aircraft IL-114 performed the demonstration flight.
- Hall for arriving passengers servicing with capacity of 600 passengers per hour was put into operation after reconstruction in airport «Tashkent».
- Two aircraft Boeing-757-200 were obtained.
- Flight to Riyadh (Saudi Arabia) was opened.
- New flights to Roma, Birmingham, Amritsar were opened.
- Air company obtained Honorary Diploma of International Flight Safety Foundation for flight safety.
- Large investment project on replacement of ground equipment in airport «Tashkent» was fulfilled.
- The new international flight to Japan – Tashkent–Osaka was opened.
- The Tashkent aviation repair enterprise was reorganized to the Aviation Enterprise «Uzbekistan Airways Technics»
- The flight Tashkent – Tokyo (via Osaka) was opened.
- Air company obtained new passenger aircraft Boeing-767-300ER.
- The international flight Tashkent – Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh City was opened.
- Airports «Tashkent» and «Samarkand» were recognized as «The best airport of year 2003 on 26th international Moscow conference.
- Exploitation of aircraft IL-114-100 was begun.
- One more aircraft Boeing-767-300ER and three aircraft Boeing-757-200 were obtained.
- Flights to Riga, Shanghai and Astana were opened.
- Air company was awarded by the Honorary Diploma of the of the President of the World Flight Safety Foundation «For achievements in the field of flight safety» and Commemorative Sign of the Boeing Company «For high performance of safety and reliability of flights, achieved during 10 years of exploitation of Boeing aircraft».
- Additional flights to Moscow were opened.
- The flight Tashkent – Urumchi – Tashkent was opened.
- Flights to Pakistan were recommenced. Air company began to perform flights to Lahore.
- Contracts with aviation-space corporation «Boeing» for delivery of two aircraft Boeing-787 «Dreamliner» as well as with consortium «Airbus» for delivery of six aircraft A-320-200 were signed
- New routes: Tashkent – Milan - Tashkent, Tashkent – Cairo – Athens –Tashkent, Tashkent – Sochi – Tashkent, as well as representative offices of the NAC «Uzbekistan Airways» in these cities were opened.
- Flights on route Navoi – Moscow – Navoi was started to perform.
- For the first time air company achieved result on 2 millions passengers transported per year.
- The new service – electronic ticket – was implemented.
- NAC had become the member of IATA Clearing House.
- Creation of the Intermodal Logistic Center on the base of airport «Navoi» was begun together with air company «Korean Air». Korean air company began to perform freight flights via «Navoi» air gate.
- Agreements with the «Boeing Company» and «Airbus» on delivery of eight new aircraft, including four Boeing-767 and four A-302, were signed.
- Fleet of the National air company was replenished by two additional aircraft IL-114-100.
- Scheduled passenger flights to Geneva via Milan were begun.
- The National air company «Uzbekistan Airways» had successfully passed the IOSA audit and was included to the official register of IOSA Operators, received corresponding Certificate.
- Two modified aircraft IL-114-100 were obtained.
- Regular exploitation of two freight aircraft А300-600, performing flights from Navoi to Bangkok, Delhi, Mumbai was begun.
- New routes Tashkent – Madrid and Tashkent – Kaliningrad appeared on the route map of the National air company of Uzbekistan.
- Regular exploitation of middle-haul aircraft А-320.
- Cargo terminal was opened in airport «Navoi».
- Air company had transported 2 million 160 thousand passengers.
- Aircraft Yak-40 and Tu-154 were removed of service.
- Fleet of air company was replenished by ten aircraft of «Airbus» family – А-320.
- New system in the field of air traffic control – RVSM (Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum) was put into service.
- New terminal in the international airport «Bukhara» was opened.
- New terminal for domestic flights was put into operation in the international airport «Tashkent».
- New passenger terminal was put into exploitation in the international airport «Navoi».
- New hall for arriving passengers was opened in the international airport «Urgench».
- New procedural simulators «Boeing-757/767», «А320», as well as unique «Full-flight» simulator for aircraft IL-114-100 were mounted in Simulators Complex of Training Center of the NAC.
- Two new aircraft Boeing-767 were obtained.
- NAC became the laureate of award of Non-commercial Partnership «Flight safety» and holder of diploma of International Flight Safety Foundation for achievements in the field of flight safety provision.
- Aircraft An-24 were removed of service.
- During demonstration tour the Boeing-787-8 «Dreamliner» landed in the capital airport, once more emphasized air company’s aspiration for improvement and new horizons.
- Fleet of the NAC was replenished by two new aircraft Boeing-767, thus the program on obtaining four new aircraft of this type was completed.
- New block for departing passengers was put into service in the international airport «Tashkent».
- New route Tashkent – Volgograd was opened.
- All republican airports had received status «International».
- NAC was honoured with title «The most punctual air company» in prestigious contest of airport «Domodedovo», showing flight regularity on level 95 per cent.
- Air company was entered to the rating of the most successful world air companies on service quality under results of audit of rating agency «SkyTrax».
- NAC had commemorated 20 years of fruitful co-operation with one of the world leader in the field of aircraft maintenance and repair «Lufthansa Technik AG».
- Aircraft A-310 and RJ-85 were removed of service.
- Exploitation of cargo aircraft IL-76 was stopped.
- NAC «Uzbekistan Airways» joined the IATA.
- New terminals for arriving and departing passengers were put into service in international airport «Urgench».
- Reconstruction of air terminal was finished in airport «Fergana».
- Three airport of Uzbekistan - «Bukhara», «Samarkand» and «Urgench» once again became winners in various nominations of prestigious contest «The best airport of the year among CIS countries» of Association «Civil Aviation Airport» according to results of year 2013.
- New routes to Singapore and Khabarovsk were opened.
- Fleet was replenished by two freight aircraft Boeing-767-300BCF, converted from passenger ones.
- The first cargo flight from Urumchi to Tashkent was performed on NAC’s cargo aircraft Boeing-767-300BCF.
- New system in the field of air traffic control – QNH was put into service, allowing to make flights safer and to increase number of users of Uzbekistan’s air space.
- Freight aircraft Airbus A300-600 were removed of service.
- Regular operation of cargo aircraft Boeing-767-300 BCF was begun.
- New runway was put into exploitation in airport «Namangan» after entire reconstruction. It allows landing aircraft of all types without restrictions.
- New schedule flight on route Tashkent – Minsk – Tashkent was opened.
- Three airport of Uzbekistan - «Bukhara», «Samarkand» and «Urgench» once again became winners in various nominations of prestigious contest «The best airport of the year among CIS countries» of Association «Civil Aviation Airport» according to results of year 2014.
- VIP Hall was reconstructed in international airport «Tashkent».
- New simulator – «Full-flight»-simulator for aircraft А-320 was mounted in Simulators Complex of Training Center of the NAC.
- Specialists of the NAC were honoured with high state awards.
- Charter flight program to Alaska was performed for the first time on route Tashkent – Osaka – Tokyo – Nagoya - Fairbanks.
- New service «On-line booking and ticket sale» was started for domestic and international routes.
- New Center on repair of composite components of aircraft was opened on aviation enterprise «Uzbekistan Airways Technics».
- New Business Lounge «Uzbekistan airways» with higher comfort level was put into service in international airport «Tashkent» for departing passengers servicing.
- New routes to Kaliningrad and Voronezh were opened.
- Two airports of Uzbekistan - «Bukhara» and «Urgench» once again became winners in various nominations of prestigious contest «The best airport of the year among CIS countries» of Association «Civil Aviation Airport» according to results of year 2015.
- New generation aircraft Boeing-787-8 Dreamliner had replenished the fleet of the air company and was put into exploitation. The first technical flight on this aircraft was performed on the domestic route Tashkent- Bukhara- Urgench-Tashkent and the first international flight was to Almaty (Kazakhstan).
- In honour of the 25th anniversary of Independence of Uzbekistan three employees of «Uzbekistan Airways» (NAC) were awarded with the state awards.
- The second aircraft Boeing-787-8 Dreamliner had replenished the fleet of the air company and was put into exploitation on the routes Dubai, Delhi, Amritsar, Istanbul, Tel-Aviv, Seoul, Frankfurt am Main, Moscow, Kuala-Lumpur and Singapore, as well as to New-York via Riga.
- NAC «Uzbekistan Airways» had commemorated 20 years of co-operation with «Boeing» Company (Corporation).
- On January 28, 2017 the NAC «Uzbekistan Airways» had celebrated the 25th anniversary of its establishing.
- The National air company «Uzbekistan Airways» was awarded with Honorary Diploma of the Republic of Uzbekistan by the Order of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Sh.Mirziyoyev, for a worthy contribution to improving the country's economic potential, achievements in modernizing the industry, introducing advanced technologies, gaining international recognition and a worthy place in the world in matters of flight safety and quality service in air transport.
- Contracts for purchasing 4 additional aircraft Boeing-787-8 Dreamliner and two Airbus A320 Neo were signed.
- The Full-flight simulator for aircraft Boeing 767 was mounted in Training Center of the NAC.
- Company for special aviation services (AC «SAS») had celebrated the 20th anniversary of establishing.
- NAC carried out the first flight on transportation of tourists from Japanese cities to Samarkand.
- New route to the capital of Tajikistan (Dushanbe) was opened.
- NAC «Uzbekistan Airways» was awarded with Honorary Diploma of the International organization «AmeriCares» for gratuitous assistance in the realization of humanitarian cargo.
- NAC was recognized as the most punctual air company among air carriers performing flights to international airport "Mineral Waters".
- The crew of the flight attendants of NAC became a winner of the prestigious professional contest "Sky Service -2017".
- International airport "Tashkent" has been named after the First President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov.
- International airports "Bukhara", "Urgench" and "Samarkand" once again became winners in prestigious contest "The best airport of the year among CIS countries" of Association “ Civil Aviation Airport” on the results of work for 2016. “Bukhara” airport became the winner in the nomination "For the Great Contribution to the Development of the Airport", “Samarkand” airport - the laureate in the nomination "For Active Activity", "Urgench" is recognized as a "Dynamically Developing Airport".
- The Boeing Company has awarded the NAC for successful and safe exploitation of aircraft Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
- NAC carried out the first direct flight on the route “Tashkent – New-York – Tashkent” on aircraft Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
- Flights on the route Samarkand-Istanbul-Samarkand were opened.
- NAC was awarded with the "KLIA Awards 2016" Prize of Malaysia Airport Administration "Malaisia Airoports Holding Berhad" in the nomination "The best foreign airline of the year of Central Asia in passenger transportation".
- The National air company was awarded with Honorary Certificate of the Aircraft Holding "Basel Aero" for its contribution to the development of passenger services at the “Krasnodar” International Airport.
- A double ("green" and "red") corridors system began to operate at the customs border checkpoints of the country airports, which made it possible to simplify customs formalities and improve the logistics of passenger traffic.
- The airport of Tashkent was recognized as the best especially important facility for observing security measures and requirements by the Republican interdepartmental commission for monitoring the organization of ensuring security of particularly important facilities in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Uzbekistan Airways starts to implement the Seat selection interactive service on international flights of the NAC.
- The major project on the construction of a new passenger terminal "Tashkent-4" with a capacity of 1,5 thousand passengers per hour put into realization .
- The national air company "Uzbekistan Airways" has joined the Association of Independent Tour Operators of the United Kingdom (AITO).
- "Uzbekistan Airways" stopped commercial exploitation of IL-114-100 aircraft.
- The fleet of “Uzbekistan Airways” was replenished with the third Boeing 787-8 “Dreamliner” aircraft
- A new terminal for incoming passengers of international airlines put into exploitation at the "Tashkent" international airport named after Islam Karimov.
- A new passenger terminal has been put into operation at the international airport "Nukus"
"Uzbekistan Airways" was recognized as the most punctual air carrier by the international airport "Domodedovo" for the results of June 2018.
The national airline "Uzbekistan Airways" was awarded the Eurasian premium in the field of aviation marketing "MARKETING AWARDS 2018" at the NETWORK 2018 forum in Kazan.
The NAC “Uzbekistan Airways” is recognized as the most punctual airline in the category of "CIS and Far Abroad Airlines" for carrying out regular passenger transportation to/from the international airport "Kazan" for the "Summer 2017" and "Winter 2017/2018" periods.
The unique training simulator V9000 Commander produced by Flame-Aviation was put into operation at the Training Complex of the Training Center of the NAC Uzbekistan Airways.
Uzbekistan Airways began operate the direct flights to Phuket Island (Thailand) during the winter navigation period.
At the “Navoi” international airport was put into operation an international postal exchange place (IPEP) located on the territory of the Navoi cargo terminal.
New route to Vladivostok was opened.
New flight on the route Tashkent-Jeddah-Tashkent was opened.
Uzbekistan Airways transfers all its flights from Uzbekistan to Moscow and back, from Domodedovo Airport to Vnukovo Airport.
New route to Mumbai was opened.
- Uzbekistan Airways transported three millionth passenger.
- Uzbekistan Airways has topped the rating of the most punctual airlines flying to/from The Yekaterinburg’s Koltsovo International Airport in 2018 in the group of international air carriers operating their flights to and from Yekaterinburg.
- NAK-NBU new co-branded banking card was issued which will allow to fly free on Uzbekistan Airways flights
- Uzbekistan Airways has topped the rating of the most punctual airlines flying to/from The Yekaterinburg’s Koltsovo International Airport in 2018 in the group of international air carriers operating their flights to and from Yekaterinburg.
- Northern Capital Gateway, the operator of Pulkovo Airport, announces the best airlines of 2018. Uzbekistan Airways is recognized as the most dynamically developing airline of the CIS
- OTM MUMBAI 2019 - Uzbekistan Airways was awarded in the nomination “The airline developing a new direction”
- The Yemelyanovo Airport LLC, Russia, awarded Uzbekistan Airways with the Certificate of Honour for the air carrier’s contribution to develop international passenger transportation of the airport in Russia’s Krasnoyarsk in 2018.
- The fleet of the NAC was replenished with the first newest aircraft equipped with communication systems and wifi and began its exploitation.
- A new service "Internet on board" was introduced.
- New passenger terminal of Termez International Airport was put into operation
- Uzbekistan Airways received the second Airbus A320neo aircraft
- Uzbekistan Airways received the fourth Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner.
- The flight attendants team of the National Airline of Uzbekistan took the first place and won the nomination “Trade as an art of service” at the IV International Forum SKY SERVICE 2019.
Realization of these and other projects by the air company will put the civil aviation of Uzbekistan into new level, insuring its status and public image in the international scene. And safety, stability and comfort are always the most priority areas in the air company’s activity!